If you like my tutorials, please visit my other blog LORRAINE'S PLACE to see what else I get up to.


Wednesday 15 February 2012

METAL DIE STORAGE BOOKS

A perfect way to store your metal dies and so easy and quick to make. I've collected so many dies, I'm about to make my third book. Thanks to Craft Stamper for the inspiration.



To make your covers, take two pieces of heavy cardstock or mountboard 7 inches square. Cover the front, overlapping the paper to the inside edge and then cover the insides. No pics for that as I'm sure you've all done it before. Punch holes depending on how many book rings you want to use.

MAKE THE PAGES

Step 1.
Take a piece of heavy card 8¼ x 6½ inches. Score 1½ inches from one short edge, fold and crease.


Step 2.
You can decorate how you want, obviously, but I'll show you how I do mine.
Ink all around the edges of the top side of the small scored section.


Step 3.
Cut a piece of paper to fit the panel, ink around the edges and stick down. I like to stamp a design up the outside edge too.


Step 4.
Open out your decorated section and fix some double sided tape inside right up against the fold, use tape no wider than 12mm.


Step 5.
Stick the section down and then punch the holes - matching them up with the holes in the cover. I use ring reinforcer's back and front too.


Step 6.
Take an A6 sized piece of magnetic sheet and stick in the middle of the blank section. Usually, this stuff is bought in A4 sheets, so you'll get 4 out of one sheet.


Step 7.
Now, take a piece of acetate that measures 6½ inches square. Score ½ inch in, down one edge then fold and crease as best you can.


Step 8.
Turn your page over and on the edge opposite your holes, stick a strip of DST.


Step 9.
Attach the acetate over the edge and stick down hard on the DST at the back.


Step 10.
Stick your dies on. Cover with the acetate and tuck that under the flap on the left. There you go, done.


Make as many pages as you need. One page will take a complete set of Nestabilities and with Marianne and the like you can get quite a few dies on one page.


2 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

What a fab idea. Lee x

catherine said...

Such a fantastic idea Lorraine. glad I discovered this from you. have become a follower so I can keep up with you. Want to get more back on the creative side agin and this looks like a good place to start.
x catherine